SENIOR LEADERSHIP TEAM
YEAR 1/NEW ENTRANTS TEAM
YEAR 2 TEAM
Middle Team - Year 3/4
Andrea Dykstra - Team Leader/Room 7 - email@example.com
Holly Sutton - Room 5 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Catherine Komen - Room 6 - email@example.com
Nigel Marsh - Room 8 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Teresa Johnston - Room 17 - email@example.com
Rebecca Playle - Room 18 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Team - Year 5/6
Charlotte McMurtrie - Team Leader/Room 3 - email@example.com
Bella Rowse - Room 1 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tanya Kenworthy - Room 2 - email@example.com
Linda Ewen - Room 4 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Lester - Room 19 - email@example.com
Mandy Monteith - Room 20 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning Support Staff
Viri Martinez - Learning Assistant - email@example.com
Joanne Cooper - Learning Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Vivienne Gin - Learning Assistant - email@example.com
Anne Hicks - Learning Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Marilyn Hore - Learning Assistant - email@example.com
Jo Le Gros - Learning Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org
THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
All of New Zealand's state and state-integrated schools have a Board of Trustees.
Boards are responsible for setting the strategic direction of the school and overseeing the management of personnel, property, finance and administration. Parent trustees are elected by the parent community. A staff trustee is elected by the school staff. The Principal is also a member of the Board.
If you would like to contact the Board Chair please email email@example.com
The Ilam School Trustees are:
Kate Mitchell (Chairperson)
Kirsten Aaron (Staff Representative)
Paul Dolan (Principal)
EDUCATION REVIEW OFFICE (ERO)
We think Ilam is a fantastic school. Set in an attractive, well-maintained environment. We have wonderful children, effective and caring teachers, brilliant support staff and welcoming and supportive parents.
But don't just take our word for it, here are some of the highlights from our (2017) ERO report:
- The school is well led and the board of trustees is committed to continuous improvement.
- The school has maintained strong levels of student achievement in the National Standards in reading, writing and mathematics over time.
- The board, leaders and teachers effectively respond to Māori and other children whose learning and achievement need acceleration.
- This school is very responsive to the individual needs of children and is working well to reduce disparity to provide equitable outcomes for all.
- Children with additional learning needs are responded to very well. The school identifies the needs of these children early and provides high quality support programmes to accelerate their learning and promote equity and excellence for all.
- Leaders and teachers take collective responsibility for children’s progress and achievement.
- At this school leaders and teachers are strongly committed to equity and excellence for all learners.
- The language, culture and identity of children, families and whānau are highly valued and respected.
- Student learning, wellbeing and progress are the core concerns and collective responsibility of the board, leaders and staff.
- There is a strong focus on knowing the child and what they bring to their learning.
- Students experience positive and supportive transitions to, within and from school.
- Trustees, leaders and staff promote a bicultural learning environment that positively benefits Māori and all children.
- Leadership actively develops and pursues the school’s vision and goals with a clear focus on continuous improvement and building reflective practices.
- The board actively serves the school. They are committed to building knowledge and skills across the school to provide equity and excellence for all children.
- The school is highly effective in providing pastoral care, good quality education and ESOL tuition for its international students.
SCHOOL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The Ilam School Board of Trustees works on a subscription basis with SchoolDocs to maintain, update, and review our policies. SchoolDocs provides us with a comprehensive core set of policies which have been well researched and follow the Ministry of Education National Administration Guidelines. The policies and procedures are tailored to our school, and the school supplies specific information such as our charter, and procedures for behaviour management, reporting to parents, etc. Policies are monitored by SchoolDocs and updated, modified, or created in response to changes in legislation, significant events, Ministry guidelines, reviews/requests from schools, and regular reviewing from the SchoolDocs team. Our Board of Trustees has the opportunity to view changes and additions and comment on them before they are implemented.
All our school policies and procedures can be viewed at our SchoolDocs site
This site will ask you to login. The user name is: ilam and the password is: ilamschool. These are case sensitive.
Copyright: Except where stated, the content on this site is the copyright of SchoolDocs Ltd. It may not be reproduced without written permission from SchoolDocs Ltd.
PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION (PTA)
The Ilam School PTA (Parent Teacher Association) is a small group of parents who volunteer to organise and run both community and fund-raising events for the Ilam School community. In doing so the PTA attempts to foster a sense of community between families.
The PTA meets at 7:30pm , every second Tuesday evening of the month in the school staffroom. Parents can have a specific role in the PTA, such as Treasurer, Secretary or Chairperson, or those who cant make the monthly meeting, be someone who helps out with events from time to time on our ‘Friends of the PTA’ email list. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to a the list.
The PTA welcomes new members at any time.