Meet our Wonderful Team
Ms Julia Hinman (Junior Team Leader), Mrs Kirsten Aaron (Acting Deputy Principal & Junior Team Leader), Ms Belinda Kennedy (Acting Principal), Miss Charlotte McMurtrie (Acting Assistant Principal & Senior Team Leader), Mrs Andrea Dykstra (Acting Assistant Principal & Middle Team Leader)
Junior Team /Year 0 - 2
Ms Juila Hinman (Room 14, Co-Team Leader), Miss Amy Sugrue (Room 16), Ms Krithika Yogeeswaran (Room 14 Release Teacher), Mrs Sarah Roberts (Room 15), Mrs Kirsten Aaron (Co-Team Leader, Acting Deputy Principal), Mrs Jo Dudley (Room 12 Release Teacher), Mrs Felicity Scott (Room 10), Mrs Sonya Nuku (Room 12), Ms Marg Stewart (Room 11), Mr Richard Oakly (Room 13)
Middle Team/Year 3 & 4
Mrs Naomi Rumbold (Room 5), Miss Jenny-Marie Evans (Room 6), Mrs Andrea Dykstra (Room 7, Acting Assistant Principal/Team Leader), Mrs Rebecca Playle (Room 18), Mr Nigel Marsh (Room 8)
Senior Team / Year 5 & 6
Mrs Tanya Kenworthy, Mrs Kayla Gaut, Ms Teresa Johnston, Miss Charlotte McMurtrie, Mrs Linda Ewen.
Language Support Team
Mrs Leone Brunell, Mrs Rosemary Hong, Mr Mick Withers, Mrs Kirsten Aaron (Head of Language Support, Deputy Principal)
Learning Support Team
Mrs Anne Hicks, Miss Jo Le Gros, Miss Viridiana Martinez, Mrs Vivienne Gin, Mrs Marilyn Hore
Ms Margaret Kitney (ICT Technician/ Librarian), Mr Dean Coburn (Caretaker), Mrs Jocelyn Hollis (Executive Assistant/ Finance and Payroll Manager), Mrs Sue-Ellen Smith (Receptionist/Office Administrator).
THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
All of New Zealand's state and state-integrated schools have a Board of Trustees.
Boards are responsible for setting the strategic direction of the school and overseeing the management of personnel, property, finance and administration. Parent trustees are elected by the parent community. A staff trustee is elected by the school staff. The Principal is also a member of the Board.
If you would like to contact the Board Chair please email email@example.com
The Ilam School Trustees are:
Liz Martyn (Chairperson) Co-Opted
Kirsten Aaron (Staff Representative)
Belinda Kennedy (Acting Principal)
EDUCATION REVIEW OFFICE (ERO)
We think Ilam is a fantastic school. Set in an attractive, well-maintained environment. We have wonderful children, effective and caring teachers, brilliant support staff and welcoming and supportive parents.
But don't just take our word for it, here are some of the highlights from our (2017) ERO report:
- The school is well led and the board of trustees is committed to continuous improvement.
- The school has maintained strong levels of student achievement in the National Standards in reading, writing and mathematics over time.
- The board, leaders and teachers effectively respond to Māori and other children whose learning and achievement need acceleration.
- This school is very responsive to the individual needs of children and is working well to reduce disparity to provide equitable outcomes for all.
- Children with additional learning needs are responded to very well. The school identifies the needs of these children early and provides high quality support programmes to accelerate their learning and promote equity and excellence for all.
- Leaders and teachers take collective responsibility for children’s progress and achievement.
- At this school leaders and teachers are strongly committed to equity and excellence for all learners.
- The language, culture and identity of children, families and whānau are highly valued and respected.
- Student learning, wellbeing and progress are the core concerns and collective responsibility of the board, leaders and staff.
- There is a strong focus on knowing the child and what they bring to their learning.
- Students experience positive and supportive transitions to, within and from school.
- Trustees, leaders and staff promote a bicultural learning environment that positively benefits Māori and all children.
- Leadership actively develops and pursues the school’s vision and goals with a clear focus on continuous improvement and building reflective practices.
- The board actively serves the school. They are committed to building knowledge and skills across the school to provide equity and excellence for all children.
- The school is highly effective in providing pastoral care, good quality education and ESOL tuition for its international students.
SCHOOL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The Ilam School Board of Trustees works on a subscription basis with SchoolDocs to maintain, update, and review our policies. SchoolDocs provides us with a comprehensive core set of policies which have been well researched and follow the Ministry of Education National Administration Guidelines. The policies and procedures are tailored to our school, and the school supplies specific information such as our charter, and procedures for behaviour management, reporting to parents, etc. Policies are monitored by SchoolDocs and updated, modified, or created in response to changes in legislation, significant events, Ministry guidelines, reviews/requests from schools, and regular reviewing from the SchoolDocs team. Our Board of Trustees has the opportunity to view changes and additions and comment on them before they are implemented.
All our school policies and procedures can be viewed at our SchoolDocs site
Policies that need to be reviewed in Term 3 are:
Student Wellbeing and Safety:
|Abuse Recognition and Reporting||Care and Management of Students||Supporting Student Wellbeing||Food and Nutrition|
Staff Wellbeing and Safety:
This site will ask you to login. The user name is: ilam and the password is: ilamschool. These are case sensitive.
Copyright: Except where stated, the content on this site is the copyright of SchoolDocs Ltd. It may not be reproduced without written permission from SchoolDocs Ltd.
PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION (PTA)
The Ilam School PTA (Parent Teacher Association) is a small group of parents who volunteer to organise and run both community and fund-raising events for the Ilam School community. In doing so the PTA attempts to foster a sense of community between families.
The PTA meets at 7:30pm , every second Tuesday evening of the month in the school staffroom. Parents can have a specific role in the PTA, such as Treasurer, Secretary or Chairperson, or those who cant make the monthly meeting, be someone who helps out with events from time to time on our ‘Friends of the PTA’ email list. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to a the list.
The PTA welcomes new members at any time.