Starting school is an exciting time for children and their families. We welcome inquires about enrolling your son or daughter at Ilam School. We work hard to ensure each child has a positive and successful transition to our school. We look forward to building a relationship with you, and your family.
If your child/children have already started school but you are moving to Christchurch or are moving across the city from another suburb to the Ilam area, we welcome your inquiry about your child/children’s education continuing at Ilam School
Anyone who is interested in enrolling their child/children at Ilam is encouraged to phone our office staff (03 348 7492) to make an appointment with the Principal so he can answer questions you may have and show you around the school. Please be aware that Ilam School is governed by an enrolment scheme. Details of which can be seen in the ‘Enrolment Zone’ section of this website.
Please read our Prospectus which will give you all the information you will need to know about Ilam School. Complete an Enrolment Form and return to the school office or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to volunteer as a parent help please complete the Parent Police Vet Form. Please note that you will need to provide two forms of identification, one of which needs to be photo ID.
View our video showing the transition from Early Childhood Education to Primary School
New Entrant Parents Information
Parking at Ilam School
This is difficult neat Ilam School but unfortunately you cannot park in the school grounds as the safety of our children would be compromised.
The school promotes the wearing of the school uniform at Ilam. The wearing the school uniform enhances the school identity, provides good quality, economical clothing and eliminates problems of clothing competitiveness.
Uniform is available for purchase from The Warehouse, Blenheim Road and Mainland Uniforms, 511 Wairakei Road, and the navy blue shower proof jackets, which are available fromthe Frontrunner, Bush Inn Shopping Mall (cnr Waimairi/Riccarton Roads).
For safety reasons, earrings (other than studs), jandals, jewellery (including wristbands) and unsuitable footwear will not be permitted.
FOOTWEAR FOR BOTH BOYS AND GIRLS:
Soft soled leather shoes/sandals are preferred for health reasons although the choice is left to the discretion of the parents/caregiver.
The basic school uniform is as set out below.
For events where school identity is important, eg Music Festivals, Interschool Sport, etc., the wearing of appropriate uniform will be a pre-requisite to participation.
Please note: The following items may NOT be worn: long-sleeved polypropylene undergarments; leggings in any colour. If children wish to wear polypropylene or other thermal garments, they must be worn under their clothes, out of sight.
All items must be named please.
PTA – Second Hand Uniform Sale
The Ilam School PTA does not run an on-site school uniform shop, however, co-ordinates a second hand uniform sale once per term where school uniform items are available for purchase.
Unfortunately, due to the logistics involved in organising this event, PTA volunteers are unable to act upon requests by parents for specific uniform items to be held.
The sale is usually held on the first Friday of each term, on a cash only basis.
Please see the current school calendar on the Ilam school web page or the PTA notice boards in the Senior and Junior schools for the next sale date.
Classes have their own stationery requirements. Stationery list for New Entrant will be included in New Entrant pack. Stationery can be purchased from the school office for $54.00/pack that would include all the stationery your child need for his/her start to school. If parents would prefer to buy the stationery themselves that is absolutely fine. Please ensure your child has the required stationery so he/she is ready to begin work on the first day.
The following documentation is required at the time of enrolment.
- New Zealand citizens (includes Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau) – NZ Birth Certificate or Passport (or Cook Island, Niuean or Tokelauan).
- Proof of your address (if in zone)
- New Zealand resident – Passport with residence permit stamp/label.
- Australian citizen – Australian Passport.
- A student who is the dependent of any person who has an unexpired work permit – Valid Student Visa/Permit and parent’s passport with a valid work permit and evidence of the family relationship, such as a Birth Certificate.
- A student who is the dependent of an international student who has enrolled in any PhD programme in a NZ university – Student Visa/Permit and parent’s passport, and evidence of parent’s programme of study; and evidence of the family relationship such as a Birth Certificate.
- A student who is the dependent of a person who is the holder of a Commonwealth Scholarship – Student Visa/Permit; and parent’s passport with a valid Student Visa/Permit; and letter from NZAID stating that the parent is the holder of a Commonwealth Scholarship and evidence of the family relationship such as a Birth Certificate.